Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year....

Christmas!  We love Christmas!  This year I wanted to simplify Christmas, so Michael and I decided to have a simple dinner and use the money that we would normally spend on dinner, to put towards a couple of hampers for people that may need some Christmas cheer.  So before we had our dinner we set out with the kids and delivered the goodies.  It was so good to see my girls have such a good feeling in their heart which you could totally see on their faces.  So we've decided to make it a new tradition.  Each year, before we enjoy own dinner we would do some service to people that may be less fortunate than us or just need to feel some love!  Next up was Christmas dinner.

Not sure what's going on with the girl's faces here! Haha.



On the menu this year was ham, chinese wombok salad and broccoli salad, pineapple, beetroot, peas and corn.  Simple huh!? But that's what I wanted!



Cheers!



We all love pavlova in our house so at the request of Michael, I made this cherry and lychee layered pavlova...sounds fancy huh!  But it's super easy and was quite delicious actually! 



I stole the great tradition from Kacy, my sister-in-law of having the girls open one present Christmas Eve.  And every Christmas Eve it's the same thing...



...New pyjamas!! 
I like to try and make them (or should I say watch Lyn, my mother-in-law make them!),
but time ran out this year and they got a singlet and undie set instead.



The girls put out a VERY small bowl of water, a single carrot and Sage sprinkled some 'reindeer food'.  It often amazes me how they don't switch onto the whole thing...I mean a small bowl and one carrot for eight or nine reindeer! But I must admit, I love their innocent belief in it all and it will be a very sad day when they no longer believe in Santa. I will miss it!




Bedtime!...Ella and Sage share a room, so we pushed their beds together so they could all sleep in the same room.  Milla thought it was the greatest thing in the world!



The girls broke a new record the next morning with a start of 4.30am...Ouch!  It was also Ivy's first Christmas and as always she loved the wrapping paper better than the gift!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful post, you are such a fun mummy and your girls are super lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Roch! I think your pretty awesome too! xx

    ReplyDelete