Sunday, August 28, 2011

New York, New York!!...Day 2 & 3

Day 2 takes us to the Gift and Homewares Trade show, the whole reason we are there in the first place...Oh that's right, we're not here for fun, oops!  After walking around there all day and then heading out to explore the city again, my legs were the sorest the next day! I don't think we got to bed till about 1.30am!

That brings us to day 3.  The boys head back to the trade show to do some deals so Kacy and I venture out on our own to discover more of the big apple.  We were so proud of ourselves, we made decision all on our own!  We headed to Famiglia for some awesome pizza and then the best part of the day was flagging down a taxi (yep, I did that all by myself!) so we could go to the most amazing cupcake shop Sprinkles.

 Ok, so these next few photos are going to be one those 'you had to be there' moments.  Kacy and I were in hysterics when we came back to the hotel to devour our newly bought cupcakes.



"What was that?  You want me to eat you?  Well, I'd LOVE to!!"



Mmmmm....



"Ok, your turn!"


These are seriously the best cupcakes I have ever had.  The raspberry one (above) are absolutely divine!  Even the cake part was raspberry, not just the icing.  YUMMO!  We then continued to laugh at ourselves at how ridiculously giddy we were over these things and our pigginess with them.  Yep, we made out with them!  Haha!  We even took some great photos of ourselves to show it!
But that's for our eyes only, right Kacy!? Right Kacy!


After the boys came back we ventured out again.  Dinner was at Carmine's tonight.  Very busy place and a great atmosphere.  They serve the largest meals here, but they say that's the Italian way!



After dinner, it was show time!
We were so excited to see Cirque de Soleil - Zurkana at the famous Radio City Music Hall.



I was a teenie bit blown away by the grand entrance.



We weren't allowed to take photos during the show...but this was the stage!
Doesn't do it justice to what was behind those curtains. 




This was the cast at the end of the show.  It was absolutely amazing and so entertaining!  Next time I'll remember to take a hand towel to wipe the sweat from my hands as I sit on the edge of my seat!   



The night wasn't over yet!  The show finished around 10pm so we headed to the Rockerfella Centre to get some awesome city views and see the Empire State Building.




The glow of Time Square to the right...



Central Park at night.  It looked like this great big hole in the city!



More pics of the night life...




New York is seriously a great place.  Can't say the shopping was fantastic but the atmosphere was!  I never felt unsafe and everyone there is having a great time and not bothering anyone.  It was so much fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment