Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For those of you who don't know...

I write this post for two reasons - firstly, for my daughters.  I consider this blog as a journal of some sort.  In years to come as the girls get older, I look forward to going through the years gone by and reminiscing about our family adventures and tender moments.

The second reason is for anyone who reads this blog that doesn't know this side of me.  I'm a spiritual girl!  I love to think about life, family, the world, the universe...God.  It's something that has always been apart of me and always will.  I've had experiences where I have felt the power of a higher being giving me strength and peace and I can't deny that.  I love to learn, particularly when it comes to God and his ways.  I don't share this to convert you but so you understand what drives me, motivates me, teaches me, inspires and brings me happiness.

Ella, Sage, Milla and Ivy -  I want you to know what gives me strength in life and the help I know I can receive when trials inevitably come my (and your) way.  That strength is my faith in Jesus Christ.  I want you to know that I have a strong faith in a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and helps me through this life.  I want you to know that his power is real and I have felt it many times in my life, in particular when we lost Lily.  I hope you desire to live the same life as I do, meaning the same morals, faith and values.  Of course, this is something you need to decide and acquire for yourself, but I know the happiness it brings me and you know, that I want nothing more than for you to be happy!  Not just a momentary happiness but an everlasting one!  One that gives you hope, peace and love!  The happiness that comes as you are obedient to God's commandments.

I want to share and take note of some video's which have moved me. And I kind of want it to be a place where I can come to without having to search for them.  I've watched these videos more than once.  More than a few times actually.  They are my 'go-to's' when I'm struggling or feeling down.  This first one in particular motivated me to write this post.  Sometimes words aren't needed to explain things, sometimes they just speak for themselves.  But I hope they may bring you understanding, peace, answer questions etc that you may have in your own lives, or even just make you feel good.




"My name is Stephanie Neilson and I am not my body..."
Such an example of how we can overcome adversity.



Come What May & Love It!
The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.
One of my favourite talks...



I think I have watched this video about 10 times and I think it will be one I always want to be able to refer back to.  This man is incredible and such an example to me.  He has learnt so many lessons, some sacred, which he has freely shared with the rest of the world.



This helps me to remember my divine calling as a mother and wife...



The privilege of Motherhood, and what a privilege it is!  I can relate to her in so many ways...




This reminds me of the tender mercies I have felt in my own life...



Because I love my husband and the expressions of love he shows me...



"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."



I think this video speaks for itself, very powerful.  I love the analogy.




I love these words, so hopeful and inspiring!


No comments:

Post a Comment